Sunday, April 22, 2007

a Little inspiration

Sometimes we all need a little inspiration. A little kick under the rear end to get you going again. To wake you up to new ideas and opportunities.

Last weekend was such a time for me.
Me and my Wife had to fly to Cape Town to attend her sister's wedding. I promised my sis in law some wedding pics as a wedding gift. A photographer friend of mine , Sybrand, invited us to sleep at his place. A friend of my wife's , Pete, offered us the use of his 4x4 for the time. (thanks Pete and Sybrand !)

And so it was that we ended up in Cape Town on Tuesday afternoon. Sybrand was busy setting up for a wedding expo over the weekend , and I had the chance to see some of his work for myself.

Man , was I flabbergasted !!!
This guy's wedding portfolio was awesome! It was such a treat to look and see and learn. I came home with a new sense of direction for what I wanted in my own photography business. It really helps sometimes to just sit back and look for new ideas. Find some new inspiration.

And so here I am planning new things. Setting up equipment. Feeling positive and happy about what I'm doing and where I'm going.

Tomorrow (Monday) I drive to Johannesburg , so that on Tuesday I can hang out of a Cessna 172 and photograph parts of J'burg as an assignment.

Will post some pics when I am back.

in the meantime here is a pic or two of Sis in laws wedding :





















.

No comments: