Sunday, May 01, 2005

Mishka

I have a Cat. And herein lies the first untruth. As any experienced person will know: a cat has you , not you the cat. Truth be told , I've had three and this is the forth one. I also have a wife and a son , but lets concentrate on the cat for now.

Any way.....

This cat came to me after my previous cat (jenna) got run over on the highway , close to us.
A friend , who had to find a new home for her kitty , phoned and asked if we will take Mishka(the cat). Had I seen her before I probably would have declined. Mishka is the ugliest cat i've ever seen. Black or brown with yellow spots and big eyes. the best description is to call her by her Afrikaans name "mengelmoes" or hotspotch in English.
So , I have a cat. Friendly and talkative , with the anoying habbit of sticking her cold nose into your ear when you sleep.
I have a cat. - everyone needs a cat. To keep you humble when you call it and you get a flat ignore.
I have a cat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Hanno

Previous owner speaking... Mishka is beautiful in her own special way - I can't believe you called her ugly! It shows that if you say nice things about her you don't get a cold nose in your ear in the morning but just a little tap on the nose with her paw to say... "breakfast time":-)

Hope she's very happy - I miss her terribly...

Mev Dominee said...

Hi Michelle

Glad to hear from you. Good grief that post was made was a long time ago.

And yes , Mishka, is very happy. she is a friendly love-able and talkative cat with a distinct personality. She has mellowed out a lot from the scaredy cat that she was.

She catches at least one bird a week, and last night, in a kind gesture , brought in a mouse from the cold to play with.

She was NOT happy when I took the mouse from her .

Will try to post a pic of her on my other blog - http://mev-dominee.blogspot.com